The practice has received another stock of the influenza vaccine for those aged 65 and over. Please call the surgery as soon as possible to book an appointment.
We have received a last delivery for those in the at risk groups aged 64 and under . We will be running a clinic on the 9th December for this cohort. We will be sending our text invites in the next few days. Please call reception to book an appointment. You do not need to wait for the text to do this
26th November – Barnt Green Surgery has placed an order for the influenza vaccine for patients aged 50 to 64 that do not fall in to the at risk categories and the delivery is due in the week up to the 11th December and we will be arranging a clinic for the following week once the vaccine arrives. Please call the surgery after the 11th December to book your appointment.
At risk categories:
- respiratory conditions, such as asthma (needing steroid inhaler or tablets), chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including emphysema and bronchitis
- heart conditions, such as coronary heart disease or heart failure
- being very overweight – a body mass index (BMI) of 40 or above
- chronic kidney disease
- liver disease, such as hepatitis
- neurological conditions, such as Parkinson’s disease, motor neurone disease, multiple sclerosis (MS), or cerebral palsy
- a learning disability
- problems with your spleen, for example, sickle cell disease, or if you have had your spleen removed
- a weakened immune system as the result of conditions such as HIV and AIDS, or taking medicines such as steroid tablets or chemotherapy