Barnt Green Surgery

0121 445 1704

Complaints and compliments

Our practice promotes a culture of honesty and openness with patients and/or their representatives concerning incidents that may occur. We encourage patients, carers and our staff to communicate with us about concerns they may have. Please click on the attached document to see our statement.  Being Open Policy

If you feel you need to make a complaint regarding the surgery or the services we offer, please contact the Practice Manager by telephone or, if you prefer, in writing. We will respond to your complaint within three working days. For our policy and procedure see below.

Phillippa Holroyd
Practice Manager
Barnt Green Surgery
82 Hewell Road, Barnt Green
Birmingham B45 8NF
TEL. 0121 445 1704




Complaints Policy & Procedure

Patient complaint form

If you have a complaint or concern about the service you have received from the doctors or any of the personnel working in this practice, please let us know.  We operate a practice complaint procedure as part of an nhs complaints system, which meets national criteria.

How to complain

We hope that we can sort most problems out easily and quickly, often at the time they arise and with the person concerned. If you wish to make a formal complaint, please do so as soon as possible – ideally within a matter of a few days. This will enable us to establish what happened more easily.  If doing that is not possible your complaint should be submitted within 12 months of the incident that caused the problem; or within 12 months of discovering that you have a problem. You should address your complaint in writing to the practice manager (you can obtain a form from reception if that is easier). She will make sure that we deal with your concerns promptly and in the correct way. You should be as specific and concise as possible.

Complaining on behalf of someone else

We keep strictly to the rules of medical confidentiality (a separate leaflet giving more detail on confidentiality is available on request from reception).  If you are not the patient, but are complaining on their behalf, you must have their permission to do so.  An authority signed by the person concerned will be needed, unless they are incapable (because of illness or infirmity) of providing this.(a third party consent form is available from reception).

What we will do

We will acknowledge your complaint within 3 working days and aim to have fully investigated within 10 working days of the date it was received.  If we expect it to take longer we will explain the reason for the delay and tell you when we expect to finish. When we look into your complaint, we will investigate the circumstances; make it possible for you to discuss the problem with those concerned; make sure you receive an apology if this is appropriate, and take steps to make sure any problem does not arise again.

You will receive a final letter setting out the result of any practice investigations

Taking it further

If you remain dissatisfied with the outcome you may refer the matter to the worcestershire primary care trust or the the parliamentary and health service ombudsman

Millbank tower



SW1P 4QP              tel 0345 0154033