Patients aged 50 – 64: we still have some vaccine available – Please call the surgery after 2pm to book an appointment.
Patients aged 65 and over: The practice has received another stock of the influenza vaccine, please call the surgery as soon as possible to book an appointment.
Patients aged 64 and under in the at risk group: we still have some vaccine available – Please call the surgery after 2pm to book an appointment.
At risk categories:
- respiratory conditions, such as asthma (needing steroid inhaler or tablets), chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including emphysema and bronchitis
- heart conditions, such as coronary heart disease or heart failure
- being very overweight – a body mass index (BMI) of 40 or above
- chronic kidney disease
- liver disease, such as hepatitis
- neurological conditions, such as Parkinson’s disease, motor neurone disease, multiple sclerosis (MS), or cerebral palsy
- a learning disability
- problems with your spleen, for example, sickle cell disease, or if you have had your spleen removed
- a weakened immune system as the result of conditions such as HIV and AIDS, or taking medicines such as steroid tablets or chemotherapy